help, got a case need fillings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a Core 2 Duo setup off of newegg for 960. I'm using my old 6600GT, so you might have to add 200 dollars to that 960 to get a 7600GT.

heres my specs:

MB GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 P965 775 - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$149.99)
CPU INTEL|CORE 2 E6300 1.86G 775 R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$229.00)
CASEACCE SUNBEAM|OCK-B RT - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$7.99)
PSU SEASONIC|S12-600 RT - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$159.99)
MEM 1Gx2|G.SKILL F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$238.99)
DVD BURN SAMSUNG|SH-S162L BK % - OEM (Qty=1, Price=$31.99)
HD 320G|ST 7K 16M SATA2 ST3320620AS - OEM (Qty=1, Price=$94.99)
DISCOUNT FOR COMBO #4766 (Qty=1, Price=$-25.00)

Extended Warranty Fee: $0
Subtotal: $887.94
TAX: $64.38
Shipping and Handling Charge**: $7.71
Total: $960.03

Alright.
If you arn't overclocking then you can stick to stock cooling.
The new Intel Core 2 Duos are the best cpus on the market right now but the AMD Athlons are really cheap right now and finding a motherboard for the Conroe may be quite hard.

DDR2 is required for Core 2 Duos and the new AMD AM2 socket series and the best manufacters for RAM are *listing from my favorite to least* Corsair, OCZ, G. Skill, Mushkin, and Patriot.

With hard drives, the Western Digital Raptor is the best for gaming and programs which have long loading times. The raptor easily cuts the loading times down but you can get a similar effect with two SATA drives set in RAID 0. The best brand for hard drives is Western Digital but the best budget drives would be from Seagate.

For power supply, don't use the one in your case. It won't last a while and it might give you problems in the future. Your best bet is to go with the Enermax Liberty series since they have really long lasting PSUs with cable sleeving.

kk wow ty
ill be goin to a microcenter by me.... but ill bring that on a list to se if thay have it , that work wiht my case? sweet

it will, yours is a midtower that accepts boards that are full ATX.

As for AM2 processors, don't do it. I was going to get a Am2 build, it ended up more expensive than my core 2 duo build. Unless you were to buy a Sempron(then I'd just stick with your old computer :/), the next cheapest alternative would be a 4000 x2 which is the cheapest Am2 dual core that has 2mB l2 cache, and that is more expensive than a Core 2 DUO.

How can I justify buying a Am2 CPU thats more expensive than a core 2 duo? I COULDN'T!!!

As for ram, don't buy Corsair. From PERSONAL experience, performancewise is: OCZ, G. Skill, Corsair(lower range), Kingston

servicewise: Kingston, OCZ

I'd recommend this..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe
ASUS P5B Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
eVGA 512-P2-N568-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
ENERMAX Liberty ELT400AWT

RockyZ said:
it will, yours is a midtower that accepts boards that are full ATX.

As for AM2 processors, don't do it. I was going to get a Am2 build, it ended up more expensive than my core 2 duo build. Unless you were to buy a Sempron(then I'd just stick with your old computer :/), the next cheapest alternative would be a 4000 x2 which is the cheapest Am2 dual core that has 2mB l2 cache, and that is more expensive than a Core 2 DUO.

How can I justify buying a Am2 CPU thats more expensive than a core 2 duo? I COULDN'T!!!

As for ram, don't buy Corsair. From PERSONAL experience, performancewise is: OCZ, G. Skill, Corsair(lower range), Kingston

servicewise: Kingston, OCZ

Overclocking-wise OCZ and G. Skill is better...but he's not overclocking
Corsair is way more stable IMO.
Kingston is just...no.

NO NO NO NO!!!!

Do NOT pay 150 dollars for a 74GB Hardrive, 2500K RPM does not justify CRAP. I paid 99 dollars for a SEAGATE, sata2 HD with 16MB cache. And you're going to pay 50 dollars more for more than four times less space?

I've compared speeds with a rig that had 2 raptors in raid 0, the loading time was like .0001 seconds faster than mine.

OCZ or G.Skill ram

He's not overclocking? Why?

I dunno. If I had a Core 2 I'd overclock it like mad. Then again I'd be risking a major power failure in my home though *JK! XD*

Saying not to get a Raptor is like saying not to RAID 0 =\
I'm really proud of how fast my games and programs load up with my raptor.

EDIT: When you compared loading times, was that with your new system?

theshonen8899 said:
I dunno. If I had a Core 2 I'd overclock it like mad. Then again I'd be risking a major power failure in my home though *JK! XD*

Saying not to get a Raptor is like saying not to RAID 0 =\
I'm really proud of how fast my games and programs load up with my raptor.

EDIT: When you compared loading times, was that with your new system?

no with my old system but I had a Western Digital instead of a Seagate hardrive, but same exact specs.

My old system was running a 3200 at 2.2GHZ, the one I was comparing with was running I think a FX-60.

And I know you were just kidding, but what were normally consider "mad" overclocking as in a 1GHZ bump, is NOTHING to the core 2's, it can do that with no voltage increment :/

I meant overclocking like mad as in I'd overclock it right when I get it in my system. I'm not used to overclocking but I'd definatly want my Core 2 overclocked.

You mean the Core 2's don't overclock well?

A lot of people complain about how the raptor was not worth the money and I was too a bit skeptical but now I can't bear not having the speedy loading times =\

EDIT: Wait...I don't get it...
I need to reread your post...

EDIT 2: Oh... I get it...

Now I really want one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom