popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I recently installed norton antivirus on my mahcine, but before i could do that, some program has installed some sort of popup, whenever i access the net, i get the popup, which on closing spawns(?) another one and it goes in a cycle.

I checked antivirus updates, it is uptodate, what should i do?

the popups are for some games, and pics
can you suggest a good spyware program?
which would also remove the installed program

With the combination of Ad-Aware and Spybot: Search and Destroy, you can pretty much weed out all pop up causing spyware.

http://anarchyware.tk CLICK FREEWARE AND LOOK FOR THOSE PROGRAMS

Placebo also has them.

do you reccomend using both of these programs to remove spyware? ive been using ad-aware for about year.. alone.. seems fine... if i ran ad-aware and then ran another program such as bazooka or spybot after, it would pick up some that adaware left behind?

also...
i have been having to fix my familys computer.. they have 3 Users on their computer... it seems as though i have to go through ALL 3 USERS one at a time and remove all spyware and then run virus scans....

another problem with the 3 users is as follows... when i installed adaware on User 1, user 2 & 3 didnt have the program installed.. just had to install it on all 3... any reason? i dont know much about users as my computer only has my own so i dont have to deal with that bulshit login shit

Ad-Aware gets MOST of the spyware that can be found on a computer. Spybot cleans up whatever ad-aware might of missed, vice versa. They're both reletively small programs so why not?

As for the users problem.

I have only one user too, so I don't know much about 'em. I do know this, that if you install a program on the "admin" account, I'm pretty positive it saves it on the harddrive, and then you just have to go looking for it on C:/ when you desire to get in on the other users program files. Hope that helps.

I am running MS XP Pro SP2 RC1 with updates. The pop up blocker built into the is pretty friggen awesome. So I can tell you as soon as MS Officially releases it, its going to be crap :p

where did you get SP2 and what is RC1?

i am not sure if i have downloaded all the updates for my older machine, i will do that and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom