LCD Monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcr9521

Baseband Member
Alright I know nothing about LCD monitors so i was wondering if u guys could give me ur thoughts on a good 19" monitor. I was lookin at goin w/ a widescreen one but i don't kno if that would be any better or if just a regular one would be good. I am a gamer but not too hardcore so as long as i don't get ghosting or anything i will be happy. If anyone could recommend a good one for around $200 that would be awesome and i am open to any thoughts or comments.

As far as LCD's go look for a low GtG (grey to grey). Normally seen as 12ms or 8ms.
Also try and get the highest contrast ratio. Like 1000:1, mostly you will see 700:1.
Thats as much as I know as far as what to look for in an LCD monitor.

So just look for the best numbers of those mentioned for your price range.

acer 19 inch widescreen for 180 bucks. 8ms response time you cant go wrong. i have one and i love mine.

i also have a 17 inch monitor for sale.

High contrast ratio is important. Refresh time, 8ms or lower, but if you really love gaming, go for one of the 2ms Viewsonics.

Hmm, I did not notice a difference between a 1400:1 and my 500:1 when playing oblivion or a racing game side by side...

Alright i think that i am gonna go w/ this one that Trotter recommended:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16824254001
Also is it better since it does have DVI input? Or does that not make a difference.
Thanks for all the help guys.
And a completely none related question can anyone recomend a good TV-tuner card? I am headin back to college and i would rather just be able to watch TV on my computer than have to haul a TV w/ me and the new monitor will be bigger than the TV anyways.

I got a cheap hanns-g 19" widescreen few people said spend more but my budget was limited but its great no deads no ghosting unless something small on the tv movies v.fast but tv in full screen is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom