Upping my PSU from proprietary....

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknikull

In Runtime
I just got a 400W generic 20+4 pin PSU..I kno for a fact taht my computer is proprietary PSU..if i put in this one what would happen? would anything fry? would everything fry?

My computer is a Compaq Presario 5320US..Im pretty positive its got a proprietary PSU (ive read old forums on my comp about it) and i wanna get a better GFX card (mines 16mb nvidia vanta agp4x) and i got a 400W PSU..im not gonna get enough money for my new computer by the end of the summer so..ill just get a new GFX card and play WoW to hold me off till I get more money (i need about 200 more in 2 weeks)

my comp only has a 250W PSU and i dont kno if it will be able to power it..(they recommend 300W wit 12+ 18A) i think my 12 rail is like 15A...i dont see why it wood fry my comp..Y DO PREBUILT COMPANIES DO THIS S**T!

whats a proprietary PSU??? Because ive got a friend with a compaq whos upgrading his PSU, hasnt ordered it but hes upgrading to a Ultra X-Finity 500-watt and id rather not be the one to fry his computer.

well my friends old gateway, really really old, 1.4 ghz celeron 128 mb ram....

anyway, i replaced his psu cuz his friend and it worked just find.. i used a POS coolmax 450 watt 19 amp.. nothing bad happened, in fact, he even sold the computer for 100 bucks to his friend

yea i put in the 400W PSU and it woodnt turn on...so im stuck with my POS 250W (thats wut is says on the sticker) but it says 235W in my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom