Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEs .. the way the u said earlier .... the system worked for 10 mins n' then shutdown ....
Say the cpu fan didn't work .. the cpu overheated n' burnt out ....

Noww that's just a guess... Just to say if the cpu is damaged then how it mite have happened..
'Coz the mobo appears to be OK

killians45 said:
try removing all components from the MBD except the mem and processor (cards, I mean... not HDD IDE cable and such). See if you get a post error for no vid. Put in the vid card and keep going to see what happens. With the vid card in ONLY you should be able to boot. If still nothing, then yeah, start with MBD.

Ya, that is what I did. And guess what was wrong? The cd rom!!!
Thanks a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it works. I was gonna buy a new cdrw dvd combo anyways so, who cares about that junky 8x cdrom

Yes, you CAN get post errors with no CPU in it. So, yes I AM thinking for myself. If you like I can give you details on how post works, go right into the bootstrap and then into when it signs of to let the o/s take over. DMI Pooling can cause a computer to look up during post. Has happened before. Have seen it with experience. When post is done checking configuration and its minimal "jump start" to pass onto the bootstrap on the HDD very FIRST locale (0,0,1), JUST PRIOR to the DMI Pooling. The reason it would look up there was due to corrupted MBR data, so post NEVER finished.

ANYHOW it wont BOOT UP, but that was NOT the point. The point was getting a BEEP CODE and that was what we were discussing. Anyhow, looks like problem was solved.

Here are the reasons for my suggestions:

1. Power supply burned up. Could of killed the MBD and would of more than likley hit the processor AND memory... but lets start CHEAP first and things that are easier to do. Thats like changing out the power supply when a computer has no power before seeing if its plugged in! Start simple, and cheaper.

2. No post AND no video. Hmm. Well, power is GETTING there. Since no video, logical step one is to check each internal device. Vid card, IDE, PCI cards, the whole thing. If he got no post (and looks like that) to begin with, remove EVERYTHING but the HDD and see if you can GET a post. Then we know its something else.

3. As far as the CPU, no it WONT boot up. However, you CAN get a beep code PRIOR to that. THAT is what we are talking about. Or how about this error: CPU is missing or unworkable: these are legitimate error codes as are the bios beep codes (that we were talking about) for a misseated cpu. Soooo, YES... it IS possible. Yes, it has happened before.

By the preet2u, that is a kick a$$ desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom