Operation: Build Gaming PC Under 230$...CAN IT BE DONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alias...good job man :) I need more suggestions now people! I wont be needing a Case, Optical Drive, HDD. Wut I do need is a cheap but decent PSU, that ram wus the shiz btw. the G.SKill one for 37.00.

Im trying to get opinions cause I'm gonna make one of those cool ammo box pc mods. Need some ok stuff to accomplish simple tasks.

I have an Athlon 3000+ for sale in the B/S/T forum for 50 bucks, if you're interested. It can be done. I did it for $300 last summer, and it did very well.

Get a cheap hard drive off of someone here at TF, and get a low-end motherboard. You can get a cheap video card, 512mb - 1gb of ram. You should be good to go. Do you have cases lying around anywhere you can get for free?

I'd recommend looking at a basic X700 from Sapphire or someone for the video card. You'll get 8 pipes, for very cheap.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I have an Athlon 3000+ for sale in the B/S/T forum for 50 bucks, if you're interested. It can be done. I did it for $300 last summer, and it did very well.

Get a cheap hard drive off of someone here at TF, and get a low-end motherboard. You can get a cheap video card, 512mb - 1gb of ram. You should be good to go. Do you have cases lying around anywhere you can get for free?

I'd recommend looking at a basic X700 from Sapphire or someone for the video card. You'll get 8 pipes, for very cheap.

Ryan

3000+ goes for $66 brand new on newegg, $50 doesn't seem like such a good deal.

I'm not even going to bother reading all of this, Im just going to state my doubts along side every one else who doubts it.

Because he mentioned build, not upgrade. Unless these are preowned parts, or very cheap, sure...But can you consider that gaming?

I think one main question is what games do you plan on playing? If you want to play really graphic intense games, then you will have to spend, at the bare minimum, at least $500. You will still have a rather slow machine. I would suggest on saving up a little bit more cash and get a decent PCI-E board with a decent video card. AMD processors have really come down in price since the dual core war began.

just look in the trash on garbage day. im serious. i was walking along with my friend to go play some volleyball when he spotted a mobo box in the trash, we looked inside and we find a gigbyte mobo, agp though, a 3400+, and a cooler. 754 but free parts so why not. we bring it back to his house and hook it up, put some memory in it, and hook up his hdd. works with no problems. extreamly lucky, but whatever. ended up selling it on ebay for 100.

Why are people still doubting it? Ofcourse it can be done, People have already listed parts for under $230 in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom