Belkin router not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
Hey, I have a Belking wireless G router (2.4ghz) and I stumbled upon a problem. When I popped in the disk and it got to the installation process where it identified the router then it couldn't. Does anybody have any suggestions? I tried disabling the windows firewall, is there another one?

PS this is off the main computer.

Although this may seem like redicule but try uninstalling the sw and then just connect the whole hw sha-bang and then try using it with out any sw. Check your utilities. If you have windows and another(such as intel or wlan) they can conflict, so disable one of them. Also check for any anti-vi firewalls. And oh yeah check for interference like 2.4 cordless phones. :)

...Has Windows identified your belkin router in the device manager, and installed a driver for it?

the router shouldn't be recognized in windows device manager: especially if its wireless...only the adapter used for the wireless detection :question:

does your wireless card find the router anyway? I know my belkin installation didn't complete but it works just fine. As long as your wireless adaptor is installed and some of the installation is done it should work fine. Also when installing my router it needed to be connected to my pc with an Ethernet cable for some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom