HELP building SPECIAL CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

likwiFIRE

Baseband Member
Hey, I am looking to purchase a new computer that will not be my main Computer. This computer is going to be connected to a stereo which I have downstairs. I wish also to purchase a touchscreen LCD monitor in which I will mount on the wall. I have rip'ed all of my cd's onto a 250 gig hard drive in which I will be putting in this machine. I just want to turn on the computer and I guess just always have windows media player opento the library, and all we will have to do is touch the song we want on the touchscreen, and it will play...
I need help with 3 things:
1) What do I look for when buying a touchscreen monitor?
-What is the difference between AccuTouch, Capacitive, IntelliTouch, and Resistive?
-What is a good brand or monitor that I should get? I just want a small 15'' flatscreen touchscreen that I can hang on the wall.
2) For my project that I am doing, is it all right to just get a really cheap dell computer, and then put my already filled music hard drive into this machine?
-I am connecting this computer to a VERY nice stereo system, and I do want very good quality sound. Does processor speed matter? What sound card should I be looking at, or is a cheap $25 sound card with a simple line out fine? Remember that I want good sound quality.
3) For my situation should I just use windows XP, or should I get Windows Media Center Edition.

PLEASE HELP ME .. thanx

I don't think that you will have to have media cntre to play a good quality, ordinary XP will have the same quality. I think it is determined by the sound card.

In any event, use a 3rd party media player like winamp, or possibly whatever comes with the soundcard you end up buying because in all my experiences, WMP produces crappy sound quality.

And sound card does matter, big time.

You don't even need a new computer for that. Just a P3 probably, with 256, maybe half a gig of RAM. You would need a decent sound card though.

What program then produces very good sound quality if WMP does not? If I get Windows Media Center will the sound quality be good? What type of sound card should I buy?

likwiFIRE said:
What program then produces very good sound quality if WMP does not? If I get Windows Media Center will the sound quality be good? What type of sound card should I buy?

I use winamp. The creative mediasource player that came with my sound card also sounds good. I never really use anything other then winamp though...

As far as the sound card goes, I have a soundblaster audigy 2 zs and it sounds pretty **** good coming out over my m-audio bx8 studio monitors.

<edit> rofl @ the word "d@mn" being censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom