Shafted... Did i make the right move??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Okay... well the bank hated me for ordering a 7950... sooo, with reasons i could not get it.. so instead i had 2 other cards in mind 7900gt ko 512 mb, and the x1900xt from sapphire.... i ended up ordering the x1900xt from sapphire for its hdr+aa ability and its avivo which seems interesting because i can play games on my t.v. now!!

anywho, i guess i'm just wondering if i made the right move.. seeing as the 512mb has dropped down to only 300 dollars flat from evga...

well it was the 7900 gt ko with 512 mb... i coulda replaced the heatsink with the difference in money... but this ati just had too many nice goodies.. avivo was a big draw, now i could use the yellow video plug in, into my t.v., i know it'll look like crap, but i don't mind if its just to play some ddr!!!

and from what i saw the x1900xt could be better than a 7900gtx.. so that made me really happy, i feel i did the right thing and i guess i just wanna know opinions.. and from what i've heard, 3dmark is a ati favored test? is **** true...

anyway, i'm hoping i can beat my volt modded 7900 gt.. that scored 11,116.. i'm hoping to get over 12,000 on this x1900xt, and i'm sure with a good overclock i could do so

ahh.. and about noisy... as long as it isnt as noisy as the 7300gt i am using now!! i will be happy... this is the most annoying graphics card ever, and it sucks really bad!

Nice card. I have heard great things about the X1900XT series. The X1950XT is supposed to blow out the 7950GX2. I've also heard the shader architecture in ATI cards make them better at higher resolutions where Nvidia relies on SLI. ATI can also do AA+HDR while Nvidia cannot. With the R600 introducing unified shader architecture and full SM4.0 support, both of which the G80 will be lacking, ATI might actually end up taking the crown from Nvidia for the first time since the 9800 series.

I dont think I could ever talk myself into purchasing another ATI though. Those who knew me in my early days at this forum know why.

nice to know its going to be a great card!! .... and the problem was.. a lack of funding you could say!!! hahahaha..... i have money, if i had deposited it today i could have had it.. but silly me... bank was closed.. and on the walk home (i have no car..) i realized... hey... i can only play 1280x1024..... and the x1900xt can own any game on that resolution.. so why not?? so i saved myself the cash.. and the rest of it will go towards my new case and ipod!! got me a special deal from my co-worker, 60 bucks for a 20 gig, so i could resist

oh and by the way, is there any way i could buy a his hightech heatsink for those??? i would really like to grab one of those, they're incredibly long and have a blue led in it.. that would be awesome if i could find one

and i can't seem to find the HIS website... could anyone help me out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom