~power Surge Question~??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYL\X/3K

I know <html>, do you?
after a power surge wat computer components can be still salvaged?

video card?
RAM?
PCI Cards?
CPU?????

disk drive & HD u probably can but the rest i hav no clue!

:confused:

depends on how bad it is sometimes almost every component will be completely useless (EX: lightning strike, ect) other times its just the powersupply and mabey the motherboard it all depends but its really bad so get urself a surge protector.

it happened from constantly restarting my computer because of freezing; wsnt from lightning strike or power failure

i checked my video card and it works but the rest i unno because my older pc is not capable to test the other parts

can the rest of the parts still work?

can you hear everything harddrive, fans, ect. startup or does it startup then die? if its dying you need a new powersupply however if everything stays on and you just have no picture its your graphics card . try it in another computer make sure it works and if it doesnt toss it and get a new one alos try an old graphics card in your comp :)

everything starts up HD all the drives,etc and it DOESN'T die graphics card is fine because i put in default graphics card still no picture, power surge fried something maybe mobo itself , i know its not my graphic because i tested it several times, just wondering if my RAM is not dead as well as my PCI cards,

power surge happened from restarting and manual shut off because of freezing

did you try the monitor somewhere else?
try poping in some sticks of old ram or something and if that doesnt work then your mobo is fried and you need to replace it. make sure it has a good return policy and if that doesnt work then it is your CPU but replacing the mobo should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom