Moniter won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey31

Solid State Member
I came home and turned on my moniter and I'm pretty sure it died, when it was turned on it was making some weird noise, I put the moniter on our other computer and was the same so I assumed it was dead.

I then tried at least 5 different moniters on my computer and none of them would work, 2 of them said something about the frequency and that was it.

No one is home atm to help and need it fixed asap to do work, so anyone know what the problem could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You tried 5 different monitors, but did you try them on the other machine just see if it's not coincidence that all 5 monitors would be bad? I would expect the video card on your system, but there could be other things that can cause it not to start up correctly.

First, when you start the PC, do you hear any beep? are the fans running? the lights on the motherboard on?

try the graphics card in another computer. if you have one, if not, new mobo or graphics card if you have a slot for one. also try another graphics card in your computer see if it works. let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom