advantages in waiting untill vista...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
hi

I am looking to upgrade my computer (mobo cpu ram) etc

i was wondering if there were any advanages of waiting untill the launch of vista

for example price drops, compatibily with components?

many thanks

Tim

:D

If you look at a lot of items on NewEgg, it will say Vista Ready, then next to it either Yes or No. I've been lookin around a lot on NewEgg lately and noticed it when I was looking at CPUs and such.

no advantage. The only thing that MIGHT be worth waiting for is a DX10 card....so depending on what you use your puter for....you might be able to save some money by getting a 7600GT or something

There is no advantage is getting parts for vista. When vista gets out, wait a year before getting it. Otherwise you'll run into Microsoft problems...

Just like XP...

*shivers*

I agree with theshonen8899,

I am eagerly awaiting the day Vista comes out, but I am going to wait at least 6 months before I purchase it. I hope that within that time frame most of the major bugs will be worked out.

I am not all that excited about Microsoft in general, but I have 3 PC's: 1 - XP; 2 - Linux (Kubuntu and Xandros). It makes me kind of sad and a little ashamed to say that I find the XP Rig the easiest to work with.

That being said, please bear in mind that it is subjective prior to flaming me.

It's not sad...I also prefer XP. Most of the systems in my house use XP but I also have a system running Ubuntu just for fun.

Well...

I made it just for fun but it's been **** to work with.

I think Linux is really for people who would rather customize than use something simple.

I'm sticking with Microsoft until Apple learns how to game and customize hardware :)

gurusan said:
no advantage. The only thing that MIGHT be worth waiting for is a DX10 card....so depending on what you use your puter for....you might be able to save some money by getting a 7600GT or something

flight simulator x uses dx10..

flight simulator x uses dx10..
i don't know if that has been released yet but DX10 hasn't.

there is no advantage to waiting for Vista. you may be a little older, wiser and greyer but no particularly good reasons to wait. if you talk about waiting for this or that then why not wait for the next thing.......because you will be forever waiting, that is why

Here's another vote for not even getting Vista when it debuts...I have no doubt that it will take a while before it's unkinked and updated and so forth. Syrillian nailed it...waiting for Vista means waiting a long time, not just until it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom