CD/DVD Duplicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
Im looking at building a CD/DVD duplicator since Im always asked to make n copies of a certain cd or something for our Jamaicans (I live on a farm). How much of a performance hit would I take running 2 dvd burners on one IDE channel, as opposed to one? Also, would running one dvd burner and one hard drive on the same channel hurt performance as well? Ive got an IDE RAID card lying around that Im going to use for two extra channels, and I want to rip the image then burn it from the hard drive, instead of on-the-fly.

Ive got some old computer parts lying around that Im going to use, aswell as build a custom plexi case for it for holding the burners. However, Ive only got an AMD K6/2+, Celeron 300/66, and a PII 350/100. Which would be the best to use?

Your hardware will be the bottleneck, not the IDE cable. Go ahead and run them on one channel.

Dan

It will run fine, I copy games,dvds ( only for backups though 0.o) all the time. I have 2 dvd rw drives on 1 ide cable and a hd on the other cable works perfict :) same will go with the hd on the same cable with the rw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom