Conroe e6400 Build, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
aliasaid said:
seems like you cheaped out in the wrong areas..

1) your PSU is good, but not in your budget.. get the antec 550watt true power for $80 (save $50!)

2) your motherboard is overkill.. are you gonna go crossfire? if not then go with the gigabyte for $150, it overclocks just as good. (save $90)

3) soundcard seems pointless... that would be first thing i would cheap out on.. use on board for now.. thats the easiest thing to upgrade... if you find yourself totally unsatisfied with onboard.. (save $121)

4) ram looks good but you could probably find similar for $200 (save $30)

if you take my advice, you save $291. you can get that 7900gt afterall! OR go to e6600 or you said you dont' want to wait so at least hte 6400.

1) He expected to build around 1200, and he has spent 900, which the PSU is in his buget and is a good one.

2) agree

3) Maybe he likes his sound, once you have a soundcard you will never go back to onboard.

4) Why not save your money instead of buying a 7900GTand buy a G80 like he said :shocked:

I see no reason why to get the 6400 over the 6300...

e6300 build now :p

RockyZ said:
sorry for double post, but here is updated list:

-e6400

-Gigabyte Ds3 965x mobo

-OCZ 2gb DDR800 ram

-Seagate 320 gig hardrive

-Seasonic 500W PSU

-Evga 7600GT Ko (thought about it and realized I don't game THAT much, this will do until 8 series comes out)

-Creative Xtreme Music Soundcard

Grand Total(which is pretty close what my budget): $1,258.05

ahh sorry, I didn't edit my first post

I ordered and it totaled 960 (because I added a fan funnel for my other computer)

The parts are the same as that one except I replaced the OCZ with G.Skill, no new videocard, and no soundcard.

Oh also added a Samsung 16x DVD +/- R burner in the order, I guess 960 for everything is pretty reasonable.

Oh yeah

RockyZ said:
The parts are the same as that one except I replaced the OCZ with G.Skill,

gskillsig.jpg

Lol, I don't even know why I chose G. Skill. I had great experience with OCZ, I guess I'm just in the mood to try something new, like how my last 3 computers were AMD, now I'm using Intel :p

UPDATE: e6300 build

Parts should be here in a few hours, will take pictures of the installation process and the finished product just for TF member's veiwing.

Took the 6600GT out of my shuttle (now running the 6100 built-in videocard). It is much quieter now! I also installed a dual 80mm pci fan, and both of those fans combined at the highest rpm is quieter than the GPU fan. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom