Downloaded : Windows Codename "Longhorn". HELP If it fits me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_emmynem

In Runtime
Is it safe to install Windows CodeName Longhorn on my PC....
Will it have any problems on my PC coz its a different and BETA release and is the code name version. Please HELP ME Fast

See my PC stats below.....

Attachments

• my_pc.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 34
Well since it is Codename Longhorn i will assume that it is a build older than the versions being released.

I would recommend against it for a ocuple reasons.

1. It is outdated.
2. All security patches since its build date are not patched and can still be use to attack you.
3. Vista RC1 will be out soon to the public. Just get that when it comes out.

Longhorn builds do have some nice things to offer like WinFS and osme other goodies that have since been taken out of Vista. But i dont think the security risk, espically since i see Messenger which means you are online, is worth it since you can loose everything with some of the attacks that can be used against you.

Brushing off feedback from testers and pundits to push back the first release candidate of Windows Vista and issue a third beta instead, Microsoft confirmed Thursday that RC1 was on the way. Product Manager Nick White says Microsoft will re-open the Vista beta program for the release.

In addition, customers who participated in the Customer Preview Program for Beta 2 will automatically receive RC1, and those who missed the opportunity will have another. "I know you're excited. So am I -- and I'm using a newer build (5505)!" said White. "More news when it's available." Windows Vista RC1 is expected in the coming weeks.

BetaNews

yeah i know but if i install anti-spyware and a good Antivirus.......then will I able to protect from online security risks???? And answer it YES or NO to install.

Thanks For The Advices

NO.

Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware will not protect you against these attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom