OC X2 4800+ results

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlege

Baseband Member
i just got my x2 4800+ since i found out they were discontinuning them i decided to go ahead and get one.

i installed it along with my new NT06 cpu cooler and have been having very encourageing results. the chip would only over clock to 2472 with the memory timings really tight 2-3-2-5 but i loosened them to 2.5-3-2-5 and it has opened up alot of overclocking. the chip is stable right now at 2.7 on stock volts ( 1.35 ) and has showed no signs of instability. the idle temp really depends on the outside temp but in the house thats about 76 - 78 F it stays around 33-34 C and with prime running on one core and doing task with the other it reaches around 40 - 43 c i was wondering if this was a common occurance with this chip i feel its amazing.... i am also new to overclocking and was wondering if memory dividers would solve my problem with messing with the memory timings

skip

Well using a divider would certainly help. I bet you could get 3GHz using a divider, I can hit 3GHz with my 3800. BTW did you test both cores?

don't take that as stable. you really need to hammer a dual core to test it's stability in my opinion. you must sustain both cores at full load other wise you're not really getting an idea of how stable it is at maximum heat/power output. some of my best overclocks were stable for long periods of time e.g. 24 hours+ full load on either core but may fail within minutes if i run both cores simultaneously.

well i need to know how to apply a divider? what do i do to run a divider and how do i test both cores can i run prime 95 on both cores at once?

the divider should be right there in the bios w/ your timings and such...usualy within' the first 3 lines

for running 2 primes

make 2 shortcuts
right click 1 of them, properties, in the "target" line on the shortcut tab after the .exe put a space and put -A1
for the other, put -A0

in prime - advanced/affinity, set 1 of them to run on core 0 and the other on core 1

start em both up and test each simo

CntdwnToExtn said:
the divider should be right there in the bios w/ your timings and such...usualy within' the first 3 lines

for running 2 primes

make 2 shortcuts
right click 1 of them, properties, in the "target" line on the shortcut tab after the .exe put a space and put -A1
for the other, put -A0

in prime - advanced/affinity, set 1 of them to run on core 0 and the other on core 1

start em both up and test each simo

To carlege: here is a link to directions w/ images of the x2 Prime95 Stress Test mentioned above.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16446

hold up... i got the prime to work now my max temp is 45 but the memory divider is not there heres what i see at the memory configuation page

mem clock 400
cas latency 2
min ras# act time 5
ras# to Cas delay 3
row precharge 2
row cycle time 11
row refresh cyc 14
read to write 4
write recovery 3
1t/2t memory time 2t
enabled
enabled