repair file types default actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I was poking around in the Folder Options in Windows Explorer, under File Types (Tools > Folder Options > File Types) and somehow changed the default Drive and Folders actions. Now when I double click on a drive or folder in Explorer, it opens a command prompt and if I change the default action to "Open", it opens in a separate window. How in the world do I change these back to default?

ughhh i see how it is make my life harder. see if this works

Tools > Folder Options > File Types > click File Folder icon then click advanced > under actions it should say find > then go back click the Folder icon and do the same thing and make sure its actions are set to exploerer and then second entry, open.

Ok well I see all of that but the Edit and Remove buttons are grayed out so I can't really change anything.

under the view tab make sure you have "launch folder window in seprate process" unchecked.

"launch folder window in separate process" is unchecked.
The problem, I guess, is I can't edit or remove any actions. Only add new ones, and even at that I don't know what to add.

lol sorry for all the questions but have you made sure under the general tab you have browse folder set to open each folder in same window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom