a7n8x-x mobo - on board audio prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity456

Solid State Member
I am putting together a computer with an asus a7n8x-x mobo. Everything seemed to have went ok. Everything installed ok, I was up & running. I tried putting a music cd in the Sony CD-RW, but it would not read .cda files. I also tried to burn an audio cd with nero software, and I still had problems. Intitially I thought it was the CD-RW drive, so I put in another CD-RW, from another computer that works, and I had the same problem. I made sure I had all the current drivers, and it says I do. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Any and all help would be much appreciated!

check out how everything is jumpered as far as master and slave, but that wouldn't cause you to not read .cda. the .cda would have to be an application problem. prolly nothing is set up to read that file type.

Well even if nothing was set up to read that file type, wmp would still open to play it =/ wait i just read the title of the post.. so you're not getting audio? lol.. before you EVER post something about not getting audio, or something's not working.. make sure everything is plugged in correctly, speakers are all connected right, plugged into the outlet, i believe it'd be the blue one in your case. but check all of that right now =), go go then tell us what's going on:)

As soon as I get home I will check all the connections again. I'm pretty sure all is hooked up correctly. I know, i know, As soon as I'm sure i'm right, that's when things are wrong. I will definately double-check. I thank all who reply. I greatly appreciate it.

theres nothing wrong with the cd-rom connections or the drive itself. you do not have the audio codecs installed. you can either goto microsoft website and install the windows media player 9 codec pack............or better yet download winamp5 and use it to play your music CD's

Well, everything seems to be in order in regards to connections. I did download WinAmp, and still no luck. I tried with the Sony CD-RW, and another from a different computer, and I still have problems with audio. With the other burner, I was able to burn data files ok, but I could not burn audio. With the Sony CD-RW (the one I was originally having problems with), it is only showing up in Nero as an Image Recorder, not a CD-RW. Any ideas? Could this be a driver problem?

It is the green one. I do have the speakers hooked up correctly, but it's still a no-go. I will keep trying things out.
I hate computers...........and yet, I love them. It's a cruel world!
Thanks for everyone's help. I will keep an eye out for more suggestions.

Well, I figured out the problem with the CD-RW. Still having trouble with the audio. I'm pretty sure it is the drivers. I will reinstall the drivers from the mobo cd and see what happens.

ekÆsine said:
theres nothing wrong with the cd-rom connections or the drive itself. you do not have the audio codecs installed. you can either goto microsoft website and install the windows media player 9 codec pack............

Insanity, did you not see this message? This is also what I believe the problem is. Just install the WMP codecs. Maybe it's my old version of Winamp (that I prefer over the new), but on my computer Winamp won't give me audio if I don't have the codecs installed. Go ahead and go to microsoft.com like ekÆsine said. I think I have that exact same mother board, and that's what I had to do when I built my comp about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom