A bit of Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazerWill

Baseband Member
Hey guys, just wandering if you guys could tell me the motherboard that comes with this PC:

http://www.pcoption.co.uk/pcbaseunits/index41.htm

I will purchase this PC, if someone could round it up for me explain what its got, what its good for and if its good for the money..

I would also like to fit my own graphics card into it, maybe a X1300??? or a 7300GT not sure yet, wandered what i need extra for that (obviously the card its self) and wandered if the motherboard would handle the card.

Thanks guys

Will

I can't find anything that relates which mobo it has, but the page states that it has PCI-E.

I'd be leery of buying a "pig-in-a-poke" (something that I don't know about or can't see).

Ok, i suppose you have a point, i would like to know what i am paying for lol.

Could you reccomend any system or give me a link to a system that is around the same budget, has the same spec but has a PCI-E enabled, decent motherboard?

Thanks

Will

You're in the UK, so I really couldn't help you.

In the end, I'd recommend building your own. While it sounds daunting, it's not really.

That way you can choose what you want, and you know that is what you got.

I would love to build my own PC, the whole reason for me buying a new PC is because of my experience with building PC's.

Basically, my parents gave me 500 pounds around 1100 dollars to buy computer parts to build on my own, as they trusted me. I spent all the money, had a great few parts to use, and completely messed them all up. I had no idea what to do, read no guides and went heads first into the building, from this, i dont want that to happen again.

lol, you probably find it quite amusing. I'm just happy my parents have said i can have another 300 pounds to spend on a PC already built.

Do you still have any of the parts from before? If any are salvageable, it will save you some money.

Try looking at tigerdirect.com or newegg.com
These U.S. sites offer allot of information about building your own PC. I built my own and found out that it was pretty simple.

Because it was my first build I ran into one problem ( had to set my cd drive as the first boot up device since I needed to reinstall windows xp). I got on tech forums and many people gave me good advice. I was up and running and it felt tremendous to have purchased a new motherboard. processor, memory and case. and have it all work when I was done. Look for deals and do it.

PS.... try the thread below from tech forums also.
A Computer Building Guide.....by Elbatrop1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom