What can my new PC handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Okay...My new PC in my sig is finally on it's way. (The case arriving a day later.of course! :mad: :p ) I'm wondering what kind of specs I'll be able to run and still get 60 fps.

What out of this list would I be able to max out @ 1280 x 1024:

Fear (No SS)
Far Cry
Source Engine (HL2, EP1, CSS, DODS)
Call of Duty 2
GTA San Andreas
Battlefield 2
Quake 4
NFS MW

Those are the most gpu instensive games I've got. But I'm wondering what my processor usage will look like. Only being 2GHz yet DC. (I wanted conroe so bad but it just wasn't affordable if I wanted SLI availablity. I'm really bummed I couldn't go Conroe though. It will bite me later I know it) But do I need to OC my X2? Will that limit me at all?

PS anyone check out the CRYSIS updates lately? Makes call of duty 2 look like Castle Wolfenstien!

I would thing you should be able to max all those... I havent played some of them so im not sure but these for sure.

Source Engine
Battlefield 2
CoD 2
GTA
Far cry

Anyone know anything more about FEAR? The benchmark tests always use SC cpus for these games at like 2.6-2.8 so that doesn't help me much, having a DC ya know.

Should be a rather low OC. I think I might try to hit 2.4. That way I'll feel like I've got a stock e6300 lol.

BennyV04988 said:
Should be a rather low OC. I think I might try to hit 2.4. That way I'll feel like I've got a stock e6300 lol.

Check out my sig. You will be able to get to 2.5GHz on air-cooling, though I would recommend an aftermarket HSF. With H2o cooling you could probably take it to 3.0GHz (anyone have any comments on that....?). That is my plan in about 4-5 months.

Your system looks nice, have fun with it!

Geez, I forget: F.E.A.R. - Max res./Very high settings (almost everything maxed, except no FSAA (Full Screen Anti-Aliasing), and no softshadow (I think....duh!) = 58 FPS

BennyV04988 said:

Yes except the 6300 would feel more like a FX-62 when it is oced to 2.4GHZ.

actually a conroe OC'd to 2.4 would = 3.4GHz of AMD. A stock 6300 at 1.86 = 2.4GHz amd.

My amd64 @ 2.5ghz always seemed to be maxing out in FEAR. I actually lowered my OC because of the heat lately and FEAR was pushing it to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom