New PC Freezing. PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G.

There are four versions of BIOS updates. Should I use the most recent one or the one that pertains to my situation?

always use the most recent,, gigabyte has a bios update procedure that can be done directly in windows so it's fool proof. well almost.

when something like this happens to me the first thing i do is test the hardware... DO THE MEMTEST for atleast 3 hrs.. do it when u go to sleep and see what happens. then reinstall all drivers (apparently u did) then reformat & reinstall windows and install the mobo drivers first ( sometimes my onboard nic wont work if i install afterwords, as for why i have no clue) my .02

Thank you so much for all your responses.
This is my friend's computer and today he touched the case and he said he felt a shock. What could this mean?

persianxballer said:
Thank you so much for all your responses.
This is my friend's computer and today he touched the case and he said he felt a shock. What could this mean?

That he Discharged static.

The case IS metal right? :p

Yes it's metal.
I am going to reinstall Windows. Should I repair the installation or reformat and do a clean install?

he discharged static but to me it seems like he might be having some mobo grounding/shorting out issues ? i bet in between it working and not he is touching stuff inside the case. i'd recomend he remove the mobo and check all risers and reinstall. my.02

I have re-installed Windows, updated bios, installed new drivers, and tested ram. No it doesn't happen often, but maybe once out of every three times I startup it freezes at the Windows loading screen.
Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom