Laptop wont boot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
OK I'm thinking my HD crapped the bed in my Toshiba laptop, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here is what happened, last night I came home from work plugged the PC in and went to the kitchen to get a drink. When I came back I opened the PC and screen was frozen , then the PC made a somewhat long loud beep and the screen went blank.

Well I powered it off via holding down the power button, but when I turned it on all I got was a black screen and the same beep, and it beeps about every 10 seconds or so.

So I decided to pull the HD and RAM out to see if maybe it would reset them, so after I pull them out and put them back I try to boot it and this time I get as far as seeing my desktop for about 2 minutes, then BAM frozen and black screen of death along with the Death Beep.

I have no clue what happened everything has been working fine no issues or anything. This laptop is 4 years old and I have had NO issues with it what so ever. Oh it is a Toshiba Satellite if that matters.

Well that was rather interesting....................................... ............I just pulled the RAM out of the first bay and put it in the other bay and guess what.......... I WORKS. So then I took it out of the second bay (the one in works in) and put it back in the original bay and it did the samething, froze screen went black and it had a nice long beep. What in the world could be causing this?

either the RAM is going bad or something is wrong with the slot, unless you don't plan on upgrading the RAM just leave it in the slot hat works and be happy

The battery has nothing to do with it. The battery is only to keep the cmos chip powered on. So you don't have to enter setup and bios info everytime you boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom