Hard Drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davv

Beta member
My hard drive is corrupted[when I try to boot up windows I get a BSOD and it shuts down before I can read it] and I was wondering if it was possible to completely reformat it WITHOUT having it running in a computer.

Thanks

pull the harddrive out and at the back of the harddrive (where u plug everything in) theres a dip switch where u control the harddrive to be either a master or slave take that tiny chip out and put it in so its set to slave. then take that harddrive and plug it to another pc . NOTE: u should hav the harddrive ur about the format as the second harddrive inthe other PC this means DONT pull the exsisting harddrive out in the computer.
Now the computer should hav 2 harddrives in it. Now boot the PC andpress Del or F1 or watever it is to get to the main windows set up. right where its says Secondary Slave set it to auto instead of none , then quit and save... know ur ready to format .

What brand of HD is it. most CO have websites that allow you to download HD cleaners.

if u hav any bad sectors by anychance download this HDD Regeneration 1.51 (HDD Regenerator is a unique program for regeneration of physically damaged hard disk drives. It does not hide bad sectors, it really restores them!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom