ATI - RADEON 9250 Graphics Card to my old system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold_Snowden

Solid State Member
I have been considering adding a ATI - RADEON 9250 Graphics Card to my PCI slot of my old PC to make up for it's current one... here is it's current specs:

-11MB integrated graphics
-667 Mhz celeron
-319MB of RAM

I can get the card for $85 and it will be the last thing I do to this old system ever, even this is really a lost cause.

My friend tells me that since the system specs are so low this card would not be worth it. All I want to be able to do, is run vice city in a playable manner and mod it.

Do you think that is doable with the current specs? Right now without this new graphics card, it runs, but is pretty much stop and go when there is a lot of stuff to display onscreen, the game runs fine when there isn't much to look at, in the way of buildings and trees and such.

I have another topic about overclocking, I have heard these things can make a gigMhz.. if that is the case, would that help my case?

most games are graphic intensive, not cpu... so it might help, but your friend is right... it's not worth it... but it's your call and money... personally I would save to get a new machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom