maybe i dont know as juch as i think i do....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like your thinking dipique. the over all price is pretty much the amount i was hoping to spend on it. I am skeptical about getting an Intel cpu. i have always heard that AMD greatly surpasses Intel so thats given me a bad impression on them. maybe u could clear that up with me. and i really dont see how saying my price range on the parts in the $200 range is so confusing. its a RANGE. not the exact amount im gonna spend on it. if it gets to be $230 or $180 it doesnt matter. its just kind pof funny how general seems to be the only one that coudnt get this together and figure out what im talking about. if anything go off of what the other people are posting and put your two cents in it.but what ever, ive gotten a good bit of info from dipique and atomic tofu. thanks alot to those who werent taking what i said so literall. i would think that giving a certain rang on the price i can spend on the parts would make enough sense as there are cheap parts and there are expensive parts. if i wanted to say for example i wanted a specific cpu that ran at a specific speed then i would say somethin like that but im not worried bout that.i just need to see what my options are for my budget(which really isnt there yet since im still saving). but the $800-$900 range was what i had in mind. thanks alot.

Ditto for Jinru. Go ahead and go for dual channel; the performance increase isn't stellar, but for ten dollars more it's certainly worth it. The only reason I sometimes hesitate before I use dual channel is that it means you'll be using 2x512mb chips, which means if you want to upgrade, you're not going to be able to use your own chips. My own impulse is to buy the 1gb chip and upgrade later with the same chip, and make it a 2gb dual channel computer. Just my .02.

Intel has typically been the under-performer, especially when it comes to gaming, but Conroe has changed all that. Every single benchmark-- and I do mean every single one--puts the Intel Core 2 Duo (codename Conroe) far above the best of the AMD processors. And that includes the ridiculously expensive FX-62s.

Read the article that Jinru linked. It'll give you plenty of confidence in Intel's new processor.

Dan

According to everest I beat the Core 2 Duo EE in most of the CPU tests...but the FPU tests the Conroe is WAAY ahead.

WTF is FPU?

just to gte what yall are saying , itd be the best combination with that conroe processor and the OCZ 2 Gigs of memory? and this may be a stupid question but if i get an intel mobo then that means im limited to intel cpus only? i havent seen any other mobos say they support an intel cpu unless it was an intel mobo. this just because i havent seen one yet myself or intel cpus only hook up with intel mobo? and one more question i have is about the intel mobo dipique suggested. the reviews say its not for gamers and that there were some problems while installing it. i want my comp to be best for gaming and it doesnt look like this mobo leaves alot of room for upgrading. but then again there arent alot of mob out there that support the core 2 duo, so maybe ill just look past it?

Right now the selection for Core 2 Duo mobos are limited to Intel boards, and not very many of those, at that. Since you plan on doing gaming, perhaps you should consider waiting a month or two until (1) prices on the Core 2 Duo have gone down, and (2) there are more options for gaming motherboards. I've heard the Core 2's can be overclocked like mad, so it'd be worth it to waste.

But lots of motherboards support Intel CPUs that aren't made by Intel. Just not the Core 2 Duo.

Dan

alright. thats what i thought after looking for more mobos out there for the core 2 duo.im still somewhat skeptical about spending that much on the cpu while all the while seeing all these amds for a tad over hakf the price of the core 2 duo u showed me.i guess which cpu i buy comes down to how long it takes for me to run out of patience when im building my money up for all this. if i feel like waitin a few weeks longer to get the money for the duo.......ill just have to see, but right now i def would like to get the cpu if its that good. thanks alot again dipique by the way.

322342 Quantity Limit: 20
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 P965 Express Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo 1066FSB LGA775 DDR2 ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free Shipping***
Remove $152.00 $152.00

85217 Quantity Limit: 20
OCZ OCZ2P8001GK 1GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Enhanced Latency Platinum XTC Edition Dual Channel Memory Retail ***Free Shipping***
Remove $115.99 $115.99

321062 Quantity Limit: 1
XFX PV-T71G-UDF7 GeForce 7900 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail ***Free Shipping***
Remove $269.99 $269.99

80859 Quantity Limit: 20
Intel® Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe Processor 2.13GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache Retail ***Free Shipping***
Remove $256.00 $256.00

373047 Quantity Limit: 20
Ultra ULT31845 X-Finity 500W ATX Power Supply (Black) Retail ***Free Shipping***
Remove $69.99 $69.99

Mabe this could help some... $863 Total....

www.zipzoomfly.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom