help with a Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Most PC webcams allow you to adjust the focus of the image manually.

If the ring on the front turns, see if the ring on the front changes the focus of the image when you turn it.

I don't think that drivers would matter in this case since you're obviously getting some kind of signal, albeit a blurry one. I know that my lens can be turned about 5 times, so use whatever program came with the camera that shows your camera feed, turn it on and keep playing around with the lens till you get a sharp image. Also, most cameras that are under $20 don't give you a crystal clear image, so the picture might just be a little fuzzy. Make sure the room is well lit too, that can help the image quality.

P.S. Try taking a screenshot of the camera display focusing on something about a foot away from the camera itself and that might help other posters that have web cams tell if the distortion is what the picture is supposed to look like.

That shouldn't make a difference. Just make sure you have tried every option for adjusting the focus

If you've tried that and it doesn't work, Try it on another computer, e.g a friend's computer or if you have another one at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom