outdoor computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Sometimes my friend brings his computer out in his yard on mildly cold days. Temperatures like 40F/4C. Is there anything bad about this idea...probably dust and stuff but, he doesn't do it all the time.

lol....he takes it out on his patio and the patio is enclosed, but it gets cold in there.

That gives me an Idea. A computer build to be outdoors. A gaming computer even. It would indefinately be expensive, what with Phase Change Cooling being the only cooling option that wouldn't let water in. The whole thing could be fully sealed. The side door would have a water seal and the whole thing would have to be airtight. It almost seems plausible if you could think of something to do with the PSU Fan and cover the PCI slots in the back. Also the front door would have to house all ports and also be water tight. The PSU fan could have a tube leading from it to the inside of the case to circulater the Super cool air already inside the comptuer as a result of the phase change cooling. It would also have to be very heavy and sturdy. If only I had the spare cash it would take to do these things. It would be pretty sweet though. An airtight PC made to withstand wind, rain, heat, humidity, and maybe a little snow. What an awesome concept.

haha, and the point would be... ?

You would be better off spending all of that money on watercooling or something, if it is good temps you are after.

And in response to the original post, there shouldn't be any problem with having it outside for a little while, as long as there's no excessive moisture, dust, etc.

Greg said:
haha, and the point would be... ?

You would be better off spending all of that money on watercooling or something, if it is good temps you are after.

The point would be it would be awesome! I rarely go outside since I'm on the computer a bunch, but having a computer outside would obviously solve that problem! I'm going to make something like that someday, you all just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom