No Video and computer beeps at power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

regnets1

Beta member
I tried to upgrad my video card, and now the computer beeps very fast (too fast to count) for about a second and a half. the monitor does not show anything. I put the old video card back in, and I did not get any beeps, but I still had no video and no post. I tried removing all the components, and powering on, and it gave me a sngle beep. I then tried to boot with just the new video card and got the same result as above. I tried again with the old video card and nothing changed. I have a ECS K7VZA motherboard with a 4x AGP slot. The original video card was a Savage S3 2000 4x AGP video card (32 megs I think). The new video card is a Radeon 7000 8x AGP with 64 MBS. I thought the AGP cards were backwards compatible? I would appretiate any help on this!

Thankd

Try resetting the cmos and/or pull the battery for a few minutes. Sounds like a ram problem reinstall the ram and then try one stick of ram at a time, in different slots. Its good that it is beeping. You might have jarred something loose when you were in there. Make sure your ide cables and powercables are all in and tight.

do u hav a carpet anywhere around ur computer? if u do u may of not grounded ur self and probably fried ur motherboard from static electricity. To ground urself before doing anything else u should touch the frame af ur PC then pull the back power cord while still touching it.
this is highly unlikely to happen but this may be the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom