A64 4000+ running

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 'problem' I have found so far is that my ram doesn't like to run at 200mhz, even though it's pc3200. I underclocked it the ram to 166, and left the cpu bus speed at 200mhz. I figure it's because i bought the low end corsair, what did I expect huh. I guess I know what I'm buying at the end of the month...

lol well it could be your mobo... your ram shouldn't just downclock for no reason... maybe you're running wrong voltage? although these problems are usually inherent to DDR2, not DDR... your ram should have no problem at all getting 200mhz, i doubt its the ram's fault... its either the mobo, or hte compatibility of mobo to ram..

I'm running 2.5V. How high can I push it before I run into problems? I overclocked it to 210mhz, and it definitely didn't like, it was rebooting after about 30 seconds. 200mhz would run alright, but I got system errors and bsod's. 166mhz has been fine though.

run a mem test and see what happens..

i guess its probably your ram.. if the ram doesn't run at the advertised 200mhz then you should rma it...

see if you can test your ram on another comp, or someone else's ram on your comp...

i have a couple gigs of pc2100 and half a gig of pc2700, but this is my own pc3200...

I ran memtest86 all last night @ 200mhz, and had ZERO errors after a night of testing. =/ That's what was really odd, i figured it would have thrown a ton of errors with as much instability as it was causing.

I set it back to 200mhz just now, and bumped voltage from 2.5 to 2.7. So far no problems or glitches anywhere. If it was just a voltage thing I'll be very happy.

StillwaterIT said:
I'm running 2.5V. How high can I push it before I run into problems? I overclocked it to 210mhz, and it definitely didn't like, it was rebooting after about 30 seconds. 200mhz would run alright, but I got system errors and bsod's. 166mhz has been fine though.

Hello...

I'm using the Corsair ValueRam (PC3200) and it seems to run fine with an overclock on it (re. sig.). I did put a couple of heat spreaders on them though.

I don't know if this helps or just confuses the issue, but I did want to toss my 1/2-cent in....

At 2.7V, it has become 100% stable at 200mhz. Ran memtest last night, no errors. All of my apps and drivers are loading/working fine this morning. Looks like problem is solved.

right on.. good to hear your problem is solved..

just checked out the specs of your ram and it said 2.3-2.7 for its voltage, never seen such a high range, hehe.. i guess 2.7 is the setting for your memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom