Building 1st Pc Selected Some Components???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brindle

Solid State Member
Hi Guys

I am planning on builing my 1st Pc in the coming weeks I have selected the following components for this adventure.

I was just wondering if i have forgotten anything. (I have a sound card from my old Pc that i am planning to use) or substituting something for a more suitable product.

Case: Thermal Take Tsunami Dreams
Mobo: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe WiFi 590SLi
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
CPU Fan: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
PSU: Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX 2.0
Mem: Crucial 2GB DDR-2 800 PC2-6400 Un-Bufferd Non ECC
Graphics: GeForce 7950 GX2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320Gb (x2)
DVD/RW: NEC 16x16 DVD+-RW DL labelflash
DVD/CDRW: Sony CDRW/DVD Combi Drive 52x32x52x16
Floppy: Sony 1.44mb

Cheers

I have done a fair bit of research, so i am glad someone thinks the specs are ok. Just worried I had over looked something obvious.

That little lot comes in at £1259.12 (Sterling) and is about as cheap as i can get it

that is a great build, but you could probably for the same price get a conroe build, which is better.

Does that mobo support the Nvidia GeForce 7950 or only ATI ?

It seems a lot more expensive

Mobo: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe WiFi 590SLi £123.55
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ £199.94

Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz £252.57
Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 £164.44

Is it really worth the extra money when AMD will probably bring a new Faster Chip with AM2 Socket before to long (they have seemed to be the CPu of choice from what i can make out over the last few years) and that would mean new mobo and cpu. Should i stick with the AM2 Mobo for long term gain?

well there are cheaper motherboards... and if you're not gonna go multi-gpu, then yes that mobo will support the 7950..

but i'm only suggesting it, the 5000+ is also a very nice chip.

Ok, thank you for the input. I had to be honest not looked at the Intel at all. Just went straight for the AMD. I am just trying to future proof this system as much as i can within my financial constraints.

Otherwise i would be looking at the fx62 but i really can't justify £600 on a CPU. The 5000+ looked value for money by comparison.

Any suggestions on a monitor to get the best of my build without going crazy on price.

Thanks again for your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom