conroes out, AMD drops prices..so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
when overclocking, does it like wear out the CPU faster? cuz it seems like it would decrease the lifetime of it..

i believe it only decreases it if you increase the voltage... i'm not sure.. or w/e causes the temperature to increase... it will decrease the lifespan to like 10 years.. which is way more than what you'd use it for anyways... so its irrelevant how much the lifespan is decreased... just make sure that when you're using/OCin your comp, your temperatures are normal.. because if it gets TOO hot, then it could just burn on the spot...

my other question was...go with the "bad drivers" and get the ATI X1900XTX or 7900GT w/ a better mobo...

o yeah.. its for gaming :p

Meh, I like the ATI video cards... Although... if you're going to shell out 300+ dollars, I would probably stick with the 7900GT... if you had a limit to like 230 this would be a whole different story -.-

x1900xt drivers are fine... don't let that be a deciding factor.. only time they have problems with drivers is when they're first released...

For tech news fans (yes I'm a tech news fan)...take this however you want it...

DX10 is only for Vista...that may or may not change depending on if they can overhaul certain parts of XP, etc

DX10 hardware may come out before Vista. Purchasing current gen, non DX10 hardware does not prevent you from running/using Vista.

You can buy current top of the line DX9 hardware, upgrade your OS later to Vista, and have to do without DX10 support.

DX10 products may not REQUIRE DX10, but only performs better with them.

To this individual, me...I have hope that ALL of us, who are not waiting for DX10, can at a later time, purchase DX10 auxilliary cards. Such things are possible...but may or may not be profitable to the industry makers, ie., ATI, Nvidia...and even Ageia.

It is the same principle behind those cheesy electronics sales people who try to convince unknowing consumers that they HAVE to buy digital HDTVs because their current SD tvs would cease to work...when all that would be involved are scan converters.

Of course, if the entire industry says NO to the consumers...well then we'll just have to take one for the team. eww :)

Just keep in mind, what I said about DX10, though true, could and might change...but just think that it won't and you won't be so depressed ;p

Note that the 7900GT is at times $100 cheaper than the X1900XT, and can overclock past the X1900XTs performance.

Also check out the sizes. Dual slot cooling makes the X1900XT a much larger card also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom