How hot is too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
Hi. Im running a P4 2.8GHz (HT) and a GeForce 6200 256mb on an Evercool WC-202 kit. It currently hovers around 48°C idle and 55°C when Im playing World Of Warcraft. Id like to overclock both the CPU and Video Card to get a bit more umph out of it. What temperature will the CPU go up to, without damaging it? Also, if anyone else has this CPU, how high have you got it to go?

I have that same chip, with ASUS P4P800 SE motherboard, and I've overclocked mine from 2.8 , to 3.36, I still have the stock cpu fan, and havent noticed any increase in temperature, or at least nothing worth worrying about. Guess I got lucky.

If you have a watercooling kit at your temps are THAT HIGH, I would suspect perhaps it wasn't installed properly, or maybe there is some kind of trouble with it.

It goes resevoir => pump => gpu => cpu => radiator => resevoir. Thats how the instructions said to set it up. However I was running mid-60's with air, so its an improvement. My room has a south window, and our A/C doesnt work too well, so that could be part of it.

Its just a WC-202 kit, so thats probably it. Only cost like $150 shipped so its not too bad. However, Im looking at upgrading to a new P4 and getting a full Danger Den wc'ing setup in the future, so that should turn out a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom