Run dialog box is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifix

Beta member
Hi,

after installed Windows XP Run command has totaly disapier from my OS. If I press Win+R button I recived this message:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator

I am system administrator but I don't know where can I enable this command.

Thank you for helping me!

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoRun"=dword:00000000

Doesn't work for all cases but for many. Try it anyway but make a REG backup first or don't blame me if it all goes FUBAR.

Your registry is corrupted somehow so if this does not work I am all out if answers. You could always reinstall XP.

this sounds like it better suites your problem due to the administaration errors

1. Open gpedit by double clicking on 'gpedit.msc' (C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc)
2. Open 'User configuration' -> 'Administrative Templates' ->'Start Menu & Toolbar'
3. In the right pane find 'Remove Run from start menu' and double click on it
4. Chose 'Disable' and push OK button

I dont see how this happened if you just reinstall xp unless xp was in it when you got it then you installed xp on top of that one which would leave the settings in place some what like a repair

jcortes said:
this sounds like it better suites your problem due to the administaration errors

I thought that at first. This error occurs mainly on Internet Explorer and Outlook but also just randomly within Windows when it occurs. Usually the user is on a local system and logged in with an admin account already. I remember having this come up a time or two in the past and almost always is an issue of the registry.

I will be anxious to see if it is simply a security issue. Please post results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom