A64 4000+ running

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillwaterIT

In Runtime
Antec Case (gray, dunno about the model)
Athlon 64 4000+ w/ stock cooler
2gb corsair pc3200
PCChips A21G mobo
1x200gb 7200rpm
1x300gb 7200rpm
Geforce 6800 GT
Liteon cdrw/dvdrw
630watt psu
Dell 1907fp 19" lcd
logitech wireless keyboard/mouse
3pc logitech speaker setup

So far just got all of my drivers installed, and WOW, this thing blows my 2200+ and 2500+ away. My motherboard only runs at 800mhz fsb, so if you want to run 1000, stay away from this board.

Yep. I didn't realize how cool the 64bit processors run either. 25°C ambient, 28°C idle, and low 40's at max, with the stock cooler.

EDIT: Changed 30's to 40's... misstype.

I already had the 6800GT from a year ago, so I just reused it. A year ago it was considered a great card. Now it's almost a bare-minimum, even though in between then and now games really haven't gotten that much more complex. Not sure how that works...

...and I'm cheap... :)

DO NOT BUY A PCCHIPS MOTHERBOARD... THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY ON THE PLANET.

I found this out he hard way with 3 mobos.. all PCCHIPS... 3 different issues...

PCCHIPS = NO.

GO with Asus, MSI, ECS, DFI, gigabyte, abit, foxconn, asrock... heck anything but PCCHIPS...

Some of my $99 duron/mobo combo setups that my customers bought years ago are still kicking with pcchips boards (and whatever brand they were a few years ago). I admit their failure rate isn't too good, but for $40-$50 a pop, they are alright by me.

StillwaterIT said:
Some of my $99 duron/mobo combo setups that my customers bought years ago are still kicking with pcchips boards (and whatever brand they were a few years ago). I admit their failure rate isn't too good, but for $40-$50 a pop, they are alright by me.

unless you are building a "dirt cheap - internet/email/word processing" PC, you should never go cheap or low quality on a motherboard.

If you wanna build good PC's. If not? Buy the crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom