No Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep6

Solid State Member
when i plug in my hard drives, and power up the computer i don't, it just hangs at the dell logo and does nothing. When i remove the hard drive, then i can get into bios, and obviously it doesn't show the hard drives. I was just curious and i plugged in the hard drives when i was in the bios and it picks up one the one in master and doesn't pick up the one in slave. I was wondering if anyone here know what the **** is goin..
some help will be greatly appreciated..

yeah are they sata drives or ide drives? if sata, during installation did you press f6 to set up your sata drivers?

hmmmm sounds like yourmotherboard isnt likeing the raid setup. also during setup you need to press f6 if you have raid.

I don't think i have raid setup on my computer. Its a dell dimensions 2300. I'm trying to build my own so i'm messing around with this just to get better educated at this stuff.

well i built my own, and i had no sort of problems like that. so, chances are your not going to run into anything like that. but it sounds like your motherboard just dosnt support the harddrive or you need more drivers.

It was working fine till yesterday and then the whole thing came crashing down. I plugged in a hard drive to load XP pro on it..then i took that one out and replaced them with the native drives... could it be because of that or do ya think my motherboard is bad?

yeah thats probably why. but i dont know. here, want to learn about your computer problems?

techist.com is good, but if you dont get replys then

google.com.

make it your best friend. ive solved almost allofmy problems through google tf canonly give you suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom