Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmustardman

Beta member
I have this DVD-RW drive, and I wish to put some data on it. Neither Nero , nor Windows Explorer can read ANY of my DVD-R disks. I have tried updating my Drivers. The Windows explorer wont even look at it. Nero gives me a funky error sound when ever I highlight the drive.

thx in advance :cool:

this is what i got when i looked up the specs for it:

Product Short Spec:
CD / DVD type: DVD-RW

If you are using DVD+R\DVD+RW you drive will not read the dvd because it is only compatible with DVD-R\DVD-RW.

so maybe your errors are somewhere in the lines of that?

Is it in device manager ? what happend when you updated the drivers? did you update the firmware? have you tried just burning a cd not dvd ?

I have tried updating the firmware from the device manager, and it found nothing. I updated the firmware from the website and it still dont work. Its interesting... I put a CD-R or DVD-R into the drive and open the Windows Explorer. On the toolbar to the left I click CD-ROM. Instead of exploring the drive, it highlights My Computer and explored that instead. I dont have any viruses (Norton), so thats not the problem. I have tried burning CDs. Nero says it burns information, but it dousnt, and Windows Explorer cant even access it. I checked in Windows Media Player to even see if it sees a CD, and it douse not. Its like the drive isnt even connected. But it is able to read info (such as music in WMP)

I dont understand this. Its confusing!!!

do you have any bootable dvd's, not cd, dvd. set your bios to the cd/dvd and see if you can boot off of the dvd. This will at least tell you if it is windows or the dvd burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom