computer reboots itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanp0286

Baseband Member
I did the following things to my PC yesterday and now it reboots itself whenever it feels like it:

- installed a 80mm case fan (never had one before, only fan was on the processor) hooked it up to power supply and MOBO
- installed Adobe Photoshop CS2
- installed Corel Paint Shop Pro X
- installed video driver (i recently reformatted my HDD and since my video card is currently RMA'd to NewEgg, I'm using on-board video)

my video card is RMA'd because it would cause my computer to freeze, then reboot itself after like a minute, or it would make the screen go black for a second then come back on.

when I reformatted my HDD everything was working fine until I reinstalled the video card, then the problem started happening again, so I RMA'd it.

my system specs are in my signature. thanks in advance for any help.

Here's a screen shot of SpeedFan, do the voltages seem OK? I went ahead and ordered a new PSU since I've had the current one over two years now. Also, when my computer is turned off the mouse still has power going to it, it's a USB mouse plugged into the PS/2 port with an adapter. It will stay on until I flip the switch on my PSU, but when I flip the switch back on it gets power right away, before I even press the main power button.

1952561804.jpg

OK, my computer has been running for about 5 hours now and here is a screen shot of the temps:
221306523.jpg

I've also noticed that EVERY TIME I goto my girlfriend's MySpace page it reboots the computer, her site has an animated background, plays music, you know... all that fancy stuff girls like to do? Could still possibly be the MOBO going out?

Hmm, your HDD seems quite hot to me, both of them do in fact, mine usually hovers around 37 c when in use.

yea, my computer kept shutting down, and as soon as the bsod came up, i heard my HDD shut off...
it was 45 or so and it shut off...
the PSU is pretty low too. you should get cooling on the hdd and a new cheap psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom