upgrading my emachine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennn

Beta member
hey my names len , i got this e machine thats a piece of **** when i wanna play games and multitask, i need help on what to upgrade and which ones to upgrade first. heres the specs

EMachine T6216

Here It Is

Whats your buget? You should definitely get more RAM, and also get a better graphic card.

max would b like around 6 or 700 for now umm i actually have 2 512s of ram in there but it only supports 856

Planning to go AM2? I'm not that good with mobos, someone on the forums can help out with that. For processor you should go dual core.

no, you wouldn't need a new motherboard, as it has 2 RAM slots, and you woulnd't use the 2x512MB's anymore, just the 2x1GB sticks..... You also have 2x PCI Express x16 slots, and you only need one for the video card.

I would also suggest running a virus scan, spyware / adaware scan, and even a defrag on the hard drive. That computer isn't that bad, and if you are having issues with it being slow, then first thing I would suspect would be something on the hard drive.

I just saw the post about you wanting to go with Socket AM2..... Please take note, that if you do that, you will NOT be upgrading.... you will be building a new PC.... You would need a new CPU, DDR2 RAM. You would also want a new video card, and you would have to format the hard drive....

Since you do have a budget, just know that it would be cheaper to upgrade this PC than it would be to build a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom