Computer wont start please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Solid State Member
Alright I finally got all the parts to my new computer and assembled it all but of course the way my luck is it wont start! The fans dont turn on or anything, I've looked over it all several times and can't see what I'm missing or doing wrong. All the power chords are connected in the right spots. I'm not sure if maybe the case is shorting the board out because it seems like the metal dots on the back of the MB are touching the case in several places, would putting plastic or somthing inbetween the case and MB work or would it just cause more problems. Also with the jumpers they seem a little backwords because when i put them in the left plugs are facing up while the right are facing down as per how the instructions say - and + wise. I'm pretty sure that white is - while the color chord is + correct me if I'm wrong please.

Case

Motherboard

Power Supply

Please help me I would realy like to get it up and running by tommorow as I've waited so long for the parts.

Greetings,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles:

First: Though time-consuming and frustrating, always remove potential power from your system prior to making changes on the MoBo. This is as simple as unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet to your PSU.

Have you used all available stand-off receptacles on the MoBo? Most ATX boards use 9-10. Sometimes these standoffs double as grounds. I would not attempt to use insulators as the components are designed to contact as follows: MoBo > standoff > case.

Did you macke sure that your 4-pin ATX power is connected? It usually connects at the "top" of the board near the CPU socket.

Did you make sure that your PSU is turned on. (No offense, but it is a minor detail that is sometimes overlooked.

Try unpuggling all your components and just have the MoBo powered on (20/24 pin + 4pin) and the CPU HSF, does the CPU fan spin? Check the internet for the appropriate process of elimination.

Try another PSU if you can get one.

Good luck!

Syrillian said:
Did you make sure that your PSU is turned on. (No offense, but it is a minor detail that is sometimes overlooked.

Don't take offense to this, I have built many computers and I spent about an hour on my own computer looking for a problem when it was this =)

check your jumpers. same thing happend to me, i thought it ewas allput together perfectly. Turns out that i put the jumpers in horizontally instead of vertially. Look at the diagram in your mobo manual again, its somtimes confusing.

Thanks alot for the help guys :) I found what was wrong, I used the wrong screws to put the motherboard in :eek: ( first build :) ) It's up and running fine now and I'm excited to start playing on it, again thanks for the help and next time I won't put it together at 2 in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom