Compaq Presario 2700 Laptop Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockeyman2

Baseband Member
I was recently given a Compaq Presario 2700 Laptop that supposedly only has a defective hard drive. I would like to replace this hard drive, however, I have never upgraded a laptop so I am not familiar with the inner workings. Where can I find a guide for upgrading this computer. I can't seem to find where the Hard drive is located and I don't want to just dive right in without atleast a diagram or guide.

Also, would it be practical for me to upgrade the processor/RAM as well? Since it was given to me I could spend a few hundred and have a pretty good laptop from my perspective.

I would appreciate any advice!

Thank you!

-Nathan

Isn't it hard to upgrade laptops? I don't think you can upgrade everything on certain laptops.

Ok.....well if I can't upgrade everything...then how do I just change the Hard Drive?

Thanks!

-Nathan

Hard drives and ram can almost always be upgraded, processors sometimes can, and video almost never. Will try and post a link to a service manual for your lappy...

jorsoft03 said:
Hard drives and ram can almost always be upgraded, processors sometimes can, and video almost never. Will try and post a link to a service manual for your lappy...

Thanks that would be great. I've tried looking but the only ones I can find do not show how to get to the hard drive and unless I'm looking in the wrong place Compaq doesn't have it on their website.

-Thanks!

Nathan

Sorry man, couldn't find anything. Seems to be a fairly common problem. Try downloading a service manual for the Compaq Evo N180,
I've read that this is a pretty close match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom