ram for AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkS1d3

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I'm helping a buddy of mine build his first homemade pc, and we decided to go AM2 4200+ because of the crazy price drops.

I did notice that some sets of RAM were specified as Intel-compatibility DDR2, so I was wondering if anyone who's built an AM2 gaming rig could just point me in the right direction for a good 2 gig kit of RAM so I don't look like an idiot when the mobo won't post.. lol.

Oh, the mobo we're using is the ASUS M2N4-SLI btw, if anyone's got experience w/ that, comments would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

hey man, i just built an am2 computer with the pqi turbo ddr2 800 2 gig set

it works perfectly. i recomend it and its about as cheap as you can get 2 gig sets.

Oh yeah

gskillsig.jpg

<m

Yoad said:
lol, Corsair are more femiliar with AM2 mobos than G.Skill [They work with NVidia latley for the RAM Programming]

I just bought this for my AM2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034

-Jo.

that is nice ram, but VERY expensive...

the pqi is just about your cheapest option...and it works fine with am2 motherboards. so if you want cheap, reliable and good speed. go with the pqi.

but im sure that corsair ram is VERY nice. :)

ya the PQI is also nice ram but not as good overclocker as that, I bought it for its ability to reach 1200-1300MHz on CAS 5 timings which is pretty good.

-Jo.

haha, wow, thanks for that testimonial lord anthrax, I'll def keep G.Skill in mind now... Also looking into pqi for the $$...

Thanks alot guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom