CPU Temp Norm for non Overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I have a P4 3.20GHz Socket 478 CPU and ASUS P4P800 Deluxe MB. I am not overclocking it. I also use this heatsink with 98mm fan.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835109122R

The Case has a side window with a fan in the middle that blows the air out. The back pannel has a fan that blows the air in.

I am doing a lot of video rendering and was wondering if my CPU runs in the normal ranges.

When the side panel is open

CPU idle Temp - 50C
Mobo Temp - 49C

CPU rendering Temp - 54C
Mobo Temp - 51C

When side panel is closed

CPU idle Temp - 50C to 52C
Mobo Temp - 50C

CPU rendering Temp - 58C
Mobo Temp - 51C

I am going to upgrade to Core 2 soon and move this CPU to another PC. The case for that PC does not have removable panels and there are no fans on the side, just 3 rows of holes at the base of side panel, so my concern would be the temp in the case.

Thanks

Ok temps there, nothing to worry about. Although try the following: ..you have a great heatsink...make sure the fan is spinning full speed. Blow off any dust from the heatsink....try turning the fan around so that air blows onto the heatsink rather than away...anything under 60 is acceptable....45 or under is ideal...

suppafreak said:

I am going to upgrade to Core 2 soon and move this CPU to another PC. The case for that PC does not have removable panels and there are no fans on the side, just 3 rows of holes at the base of side panel, so my concern would be the temp in the case.

Thanks

Side panels aren't necessary...often they disrupt the flow of air more than help temps....Dont be too worried about it, even one exhaust fan may be suffice...my aunt's p4 was running at a 100 degrees c and she wasnt having any problems...i cleaned the dust from the HS/F and it went to 50....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom