E6400+DS3 = too easy =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then you might as well make table for core duo, amd 64's, and pentiums.

Typical fan boy response:

No Pentiums and 64's go in same table becuase they have a same amount of L2 cache...unlike the C2D witch has 4MB its just not fair so they get there own table becuase its just not fair and its the reason why the a64 get there [fannies] kicked.

:p

Typical fan boy response:

No Pentiums and 64's go in same table becuase they have a same amount of L2 cache...unlike the C2D witch has 4MB its just not fair so they get there own table becuase its just not fair and its the reason why the a64 get there [fannies] kicked.

problem with that of course being that if you look at the 9XX series of pentium D's you may notice something funny about the amount of cache they have.......4mb ;)

pentium D's and pentium 4's while being heinously innefecient are still quite competitive with athlon 64's and it is entirely fair that Athlon 64's and Pentium 4's be placed in the same table given that Pentium 4's did actually hold the records. Core 2 is in a league of its own

edit:
Dude sell your telescope/cpu/mobo/ram and you should have enough.
don't think i can part with my precious pc though. especially given i'll have to be with out it for some period of time :p i'll find a way. i'm trying to sell my telescope now and if all goes well i'll be two thirds of the way to an E6300

Newer Pentium 4's are rather competitive against AMD 64s... And the current table is MOSTLY AMD processors.... No Intel people have really submitted any tests....

I have almost the same spec as you except my ram is G. Skill and my CPu is a e6300. Same board though.

Can you give me any tips? I already know to turn auto fan speed off because the fan speed doesn't kick in at the right times.

I never used the Gigabyte overclocking interface, I usually OC in the BIOS, is there any tips to using it?

Thanks for the help man!

If you don't feeling like answering on your thread, can you aim me ( SoulharvesterZZ ), or PM me? thanks a lot!

I've seen better on the E6300 and tighter ram timings as well. The guy booted into a 501FSB. Pretty crazy stuff.

what are the temps?
Load at 3.2 was about 64C if I remember right with the stock HSF. I will be putting my Tower 112 on it tomorrow and hopefully bring the temps down a bit.

Can you give me any tips?
I haven't had any time to play with it too much yet, I'll be putting some time in on it tomorrow.

I never used the Gigabyte overclocking interface, I usually OC in the BIOS, is there any tips to using it?
It all seems pretty straight forward. Press Ctrl+F1 and that will open up some of the more advanced features for overclocking.

After I have some time to play with this thing, I'll add some more info :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom