Problem after PC transplant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomicidalWookie

Baseband Member
Ok, I bought a new case to put my gateway in, now I have everything working (as far as I can tell) except neither my video card nor my onboard video is sending anything out to my monitor, I don't know if my onboard video is enabled or not. My video card (Gigabyte 6600GT PCI-E) is definitely getting power as I can see the fan moving. Any ideas what this could be?

P.S. I'm sorry about this being my only post but I will return as soon as I can get my computer back up and running.

Hello,

Ensure that all cables are plugged in correctly and securely...IDE cables, molex power cables, and header cables for the power switch, reset switch and LED status lights (if any).

Also make sure that your RAM modules are firmly in place.

Try resetting your BIOS CMOS by removing the lithium battery on the motherboard for a minute or so, then placing it back in.

You could also try shifting your RAM modules around to different DIMM slots if you removed them.

Got it, it was seated properly and all that jazz but the ATX 12V wasn't connected, my first build, what else is to be expected. Thanks alot for your help!

I was also testing my optical drives and one wouldn't work, so I opened it up, and wouldn't you know it, I had one end of my 3-head molex cable (I have an Ultra X2 Modular PSU) in one of my DVD drives but two were connected to the power supply, that's just a dumb move, I can't blame that on inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom