CDs messed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have a 50-pack of CD-RWs that I have data on that I no longer need. But when I try to erase them, they don't erase completely. Sometimes it looks like it's gone but, when I try to write new data on it, the stuff I wanted to erase is still there...and also errors. Are these CDs no longer usable?

have you tried a different program to burn them? are you sure they are rewritable? are you sure your cd drive supports these cd's?

Yes I've tried Nero and the default Windows XP burning...both had errors. I am sure they are rewritable, it's labeled CD-RW. My burner is a DVD burner.

ok i understand that the cd's are rewritable but what about the drive just cuz it writes dvds doesnt mean it writes cd's does it have a cd writing function cd-r compatible.

The cd-drive didn't stop working. It's just that the CD-RWs I have always produce an error while erasing or writing. For example while erasing the CD-RW, it ejects before it finishes (using Nero). While writing a window pops up saying error.

have you tried just another batch of cd-rw's or just borrowed one from a friend by a different maker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom