which OS to use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's confused I think - Win XP plus is the add on pack for windows XP with extra themes, screensavers, sounds, etc. It costs like $20.

get MCE, MCE was built on top of pro for all of you out there that say PRO is better its not MCE has every feature pro has besides being able to be added to a domain and EricB posted a fix for that i think. so if you want windows pro along with media features and some other cool stuff get MCE. i love mine.

thanks. i am kind of thinking towards MCE cause even though some of the features wont be useable at first i can always build into them in the future. and since it is media edition shouldnt it be what i need for vid editing and splicing together photos.

jcortes said:
get MCE, MCE was built on top of pro for all of you out there that say PRO is better its not MCE has every feature pro has besides being able to be added to a domain and EricB posted a fix for that i think. so if you want windows pro along with media features and some other cool stuff get MCE. i love mine.

exactly. it is a more updated version of xp pro. the only thing it can't do is join a domain, but I posted the easy fix for that

it has advance video editing feature if you download the update rollup pack 2 from windows update

oh yeah.

since ms is pushing the product, it is way cheaper than xp pro. it cost between 100 -120 bucks

thanks for the info. i'm sure MCE is the one to choose.

which one ?

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/Update Rollup Release 2 OEM 1 Pack - OEM
or
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/SP2 - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom