DIY Watercooling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain water cooling for me please? i do not quite understand this type of process, i am new to the tech world, thanks and sorry for steering away from the original topic if i am...

pm me please instead of destroying his thread :)

Instead of having air passing through a heatsink which absorbs heat from the chip. Water passes through a water block (like a heatsink) and absorbs the heat.

StillwaterIT said:
Well, it says 1' of head on the box... that does seem low though doesn't it.

A pump with one foot of head won't work very well. How much flow can it put out? I would look for at least 6 feet of head. Pumps such as the D5 (12 feet) and the DDC-2 (20 feet) are used in most setups. YOU have to find out what will give you the most head around 90-100 gallons per hour.

EDIT:

sorry for the double post but it won't let me delete either one of my posts... :confused:

These two have a max head of 3.5' each. So in parallel it should be 7' total. It's rated at 180gph @ 1', and just dribbling out at 3.5'. If it doesn't work, changing a pump will be an easy ordeal.

StillwaterIT said:
These two have a max head of 3.5' each. So in parallel it should be 7' total. It's rated at 180gph @ 1', and just dribbling out at 3.5'. If it doesn't work, changing a pump will be an easy ordeal.

You need to run them in series to get 7 feet of head. Sounds like they should work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom