Game Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Noob

In Runtime
Hi, when i play battlefield 2, it runs well for about 10 minutes, and then freezes for about 10 seconds or so, and then goes to the menu and says connection to server lost. i'm not sure if its my graphics card or what it is. any ideas for fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

My setup:
PSU - Coolermaster eXtreme Power 600w
CPU - AMD 3400
RAM - 1gb
HD - 200gb
Mobo - idk its a prebuilt :p
Gfx Card - eVGA 7800GT

thx

gfx card is at about 53 degrees when it kicks me out of game. so i dont think its overheating but correct me if im wrong, because its almost always at like 47-50 degrees...

idk how to do that lol... but i have to go to sleep for the night so i'll check back tomorrow. thx

this doesnt really sound like graphics card to me im thinking more internet connection if its saying it lost connection could be overwhelming your connection who is your ISP and what is its speed. if you do have a good connection then obviously it is the graphics card so try updating the drivers and chipset see if that helps.

lol. my internet has always worked. its 54mbps. but im almost positive its the gfx card because it has trouble rendering the terrain like it flickers and stuff. lol i dont need aimbot, i own too hard. (jk)

about the drivers, i dont really know how to install the bios drivers because when i download them, i extract the files and then i click on them and it wont open, so i extract the files that i just extracted and it doesnt do anything. believe it or not it makes some sense. the windows drivers are updated though

Oh, and when it freezes, it doesnt say problem with connection. it just freezes and the sound goes haywire and stuff. if that helps?

is it possible for you to try the card in another machine or try another card in your machine to see if that works?

You said you INTERNET speed is 54 Mbps, but I am thinking that you have a Wireless 802.11g connection to a router. What kind of connection do you have hooked up to the router?

I would wager that when you freeze, and the sound goes haywire, the Network Adaptor isn't tranmitting anything, which causes you to drop out of the game.

i have a question. Is my graphics card just **** or is it dying or broken? I get alot of lag sometimes in games. I can never get "Smooth" gameplay in any game i play especially in explosions it lags until the explosion ends. Also sometimes when i boot up, the top of my screen has black flickering lines that lasts about 2 minutes when i log on then they disappear.

Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT
2GB RAM
>> ATI RADEON 9600XT 256mb <<
Windows XP
485w Enermax PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom