Confused about VGA and DVI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

seh264

Baseband Member
I'm planning on getting a new 19inch CRT monitor because I'm told that there are still no LCD monitors out there that can match a CRT monitor for gaming as far as Contrast, Resolution, and Smoothness. I also just purchased the x1900 crossfire that only has a DVI input.

So here are my questions....

Do all CRT monitor's use VGA output?

If so, does that mean it wouldn't be as sharp as an LCD monitor that uses a DVI connector?

Would using a VGA to DVI converter to plug my monitor into the DVI input on the graphics card be just as good as if the monitor had a DVI output to begin with?

Thanks in advance!! :eek:

did you happen to notice that the price of the e6600 rose from 419 to 459 usd on newegg? Boycott those bums! :angry:

no.. it won't make a difference with the converter, it will still look the same, i'm running on a converter right now and am having no problems.... i see no difference than when i hooked it up without dvi when i had my 6800gs

and ren0nie0.. shut up, that has nothing to do with the topic

Thats just what newegg would want you to think. It's that kinda thinking that got is in this situation in the first place.

NosBoost300 said:
no.. it won't make a difference with the converter, it will still look the same, i'm running on a converter right now and am having no problems.... i see no difference than when i hooked it up without dvi when i had my 6800gs

and ren0nie0.. shut up, that has nothing to do with the topic

Yup.:)I have the converter and I see no diffrence on my other 19" LCD.:D

I agree ren0nie0 go complain else where no one here honestly gives a ****.

:confused:

I don't believe lcds lack in any of the 3 factors you posted, not if you shop for it. By default, crts may have better black levels...analog tends to lend itself to a "perceived" smoother look, like how standard TVs make low res dvds look better than on hdtvs, because hdtvs can't hide low grade visualsl with scan lines.

Resolution is the only kicker due to the native resolution of lcds, you have to match up natively for lcds to look their best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom