ant get into Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinnesota

Solid State Member
Whenever I turn on my computer it doesnt start up right away it takes me ot a screen that says "Windowswas shut down improperly" or something like that and it gives me the option to choose "Start Windows Normally" or "Start Windows with last good configuration" or "Safe Mode" and theres a few others...but neither of them work

Any reason why

Have you done any recent virus scans, or just unplugged the PC from the wall while it was on, or perhaps had a power outage??

are you saying it does this everytime you start back up. also holding down the powerbutton without doing a poper shutdown can cause this but im sure you knew that so try booting in safe mode following warez's spyware guide in the virus section and also doing a checkdisk to check the drive. you can also preform a repair on the os incase a system file is corrupt or something.

I turned off my computer last night holding the power button, and this mornnig when I tried turning it on that screen came up and everytime I select the option of "Starting Windows Reguarly" or "Starting Windows with last good computer configuration" or whatever it was it tries to start up and then it says no signal

you corrupted something by holding down the power button most likley a video driver due to the no signal so boot to safemode and uninstall the video drivers and then preform a repair on the os and you should be good.

this never has happend to me ( i turn off my pc all the time like that when im going somewhere) exactly how does that happen. now i can understand if the hd is writing a file and that file be corrupt but not the entire os or muchless a selective program?

if a system file is being used any you abruptly turn it off it will corrupt it. your just lucky then and eventually you will have it happen if you dont shut down porperly.

Im sorry...im not really good and doing stuff to computers...is it possible you can liek give me a step by step way to do that

jcortes?

at the splash screen when you first boot up press f8 untill you get an options list then boot to safemode get to divevice manager (right click my computer> properties > hardware tab > device manager > display adapters drop down > right click display adapter uninstall then reinstall the drivers

for windows recovery go to this link and select your os frim the right and look for the link for repair.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/

what OS do you have i can give you a direct link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom